ListWise

Monday, July 30, 2007

There’s Only So Much…

There was an episode of the Simpsons where Homer complained that his brain could only hold so much. The conversation between him and Marge went something like this…

Home: It’s like my brain can only hold so much. Every time I learn something new I forget something old. Like that time I learned how to make wine in the bathtub and then I forget how to drive a car.

Marge: You forgot how to drive because you were always drunk on homemade wine!

No, I haven’t started making wine, and I haven’t forgotten how to drive either, but there does seem to be a limit of the number of creative things I can do at one time. There are a lot of things going on right now in my life and they require not only more of my time, but also more physical energy, and more of my creative energy as well.

There seems to be only so much I can do at one time and the blog is not one of those things. I could find the time to write a paragraph or two about what I’m doing around the house, but it would be little more than that. To be honest, what I’m doing right now is not very blog worthy.

I have another few months of this and then I will get back some of my life. Until then, posts are going to be few and far between. I did get a few very nice emails about Mort. I’m sorry I didn’t respond to them, but I do appreciate them.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

I think that it's healthy to have phases when your "real life" activities put blogging on the shelf.

Here's hoping that your "real life" activities are reaping the reward of good money or good sex.