ListWise

Friday, September 29, 2006

Weird Weather

There was an article in the paper yesterday that said we broke two temperature records on the same day. Both the high and low temperatures for Tuesday were broken. I don’t remember the exact temps for the day, but it was a swing of 40 degrees. It was probably something like 40 for the low and 80 for the high.

I remember the low because I was outside painting on Tuesday and I was freezing my butt off. It didn’t start out that way, though. I originally went out in just jeans and a T-shirt and added layers over the next couple of hours. I ended up with long-johns, jeans, 2 T-shirts, and a sweater and I was still cold. It was like we went from Summer to Autumn over the course of one afternoon.

Ever since Tuesday the temps have been noticeably cooler, and the morning fog has rolled back in with a vengeance. It’s like driving through pea soup until about 10:00 AM, and after that we get a low ceiling for a few hours until it burns off to sun shine. It’s now 1:00 and it still hasn’t burned off. This is not good painting weather. I’m hoping this trend won’t last for very long.

No comments: