ListWise

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Should It Stay or Should It Go

I’m seriously thinking about getting rid of the tree. I’m finding that I’m having to remove so many of it’s limbs in order to safely work on this corner that it’s either going to die any way, or it’s going to be ugly when I’m done with it.

Now that I’ve been working around it for the past few days, I’m not even sure if I like it that much anymore. Frankly, I think I’d rather look at the house. There is also the issue of it rubbing against the house in the wind (I’m trying to convince myself here). I’ve notice a lot of wear on the paint where some branches have rubbed on the house in the wind. Also, it’s getting to the point where, if it gets any higher, it may be able to start dropping stuff in the gutters.

And then there’s the spiders. Spider webs every where. I know spiders do a lot of good, but maybe this is too much of a good thing. Here is what the tree looks like right now. I’ve really had to cut it back on the two sides that face the two walls of the house. I cut the front back today, and tomorrow I’m going to have to cut it back on the left side to get the ladder up there. The tree is just getting mangled.



Am I killing it? Should I just cut it down? I'll ask the musical question, Should it stay or should it go, now? If it stays there will be trouble. If it goes there will be double. So come on and let me know…….


Should It Stay or Should It Go?
Save The Tree!
Hack it to pieces!
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I voted to hack it to pieces because from the pictures it doesn't seem to be the best looking tree and it seems to be too close to the house. If you remove it, and the corner really needs something, then you could probably find something better looking to replace it.

John said...

I vote for hacking it to pieces. Normally I hate tearing up plants, but I'm making an exception here.

Another potential justification is that if it ever grows up it'll probably start doing horrible things to your foundation. If you can't get your ladder behind it, it's probably been planted too close to the house.

Anonymous said...

I vote to hack it to pieces. Take out all your anger on it, etc. It looks like it is too close to the house anyway. Then we can all admire that fabo paint job your doing.

Anonymous said...

I'm not one for killing living plants, but do that tree a favor and give it the axe. As others have said, it's not very good looking and it's too close to the house.

Anonymous said...

I'm not one for killing living plants, but do that tree a favor and give it the axe. As others have said, it's not very good looking and it's too close to the house.

Derek said...

Make sure you don't have laws about hacking down trees, here, you have to have an arborist inspect the tree. I think it's too close to the foundation too. A tree like that in your climate will grow like crazy, better cut it down now.

Poppy said...

Greg...that tree is fugly. There should be no fugly close to a house that purdy :)

Hack it to pieces!