ListWise

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Pop Quiz!

Ok, judging from the picture below, that was just shot an hour ago, can anyone guess what color I was painting today? {answer below}



Section 4 is now officially done. Before we move on, lets take a moment to bask in the glory that is Section 4.

Before: Why brown?


After: Now that is a Section 4!


I reviewed the blog entries and it seems I started Section 4 on the 18th. I did take a day off to hack away at the bush, so that means it took 9 days to complete. If I hadn’t hit the 3 days of intense wind I probably could have done it in 7. Not too bad.

Next up is the attic gable you see in the picture. That is probably 3 or 4 days worth of work and I probably won’t start on it until Friday, which means I should finish Monday. Then it’s on to Section 5. I think I can do that in a week. If I can, and if the weather holds in to the first few weeks of November, then that leaves me about a month to complete the second story shingles in Sections 6 & 8. Very doable. If the weather doesn’t cooperate, I’m screwed.

Now, the answer to today’s pop quiz: If you said some shade of green, or maybe even red, you’d be wrong. The fact is, I didn’t paint today at all. I just never washed my hands from yesterday.

7 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I think if we had an ironman competition on the houseblogs, you'd win hands down my friend!

one word- amazing

Greg said...

Thanks Jocelyn . It is coming out good, but boy am I paying the price. I wake up sore and tired every morning. I keep telling myself, I can rest when it rains.

Derek said...

that looks awesome! I can't believe you've done so much. It's taken be forever to paint the little section I've done on our house. It took me 2 days to strip 2 windows.

Anonymous said...

i agree with ms. jocelyn. you win the iron man trophy.

Anonymous said...

The first time i've actually exclaimed out loud reading a houseblog online was seeing the section 4 reveal. "Oh My gosh Greg!" As reward, i'll share my iron man medicine in case it's helpful: put epson salts in your bath water. It's a great soak. I only add about 1/ - 2/3 of a cup but it keeps me going without pain after acting like a 20 year old - no small feat after some of the stupid stuff i put myself through. Congratlations on your amazing summer progress!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Greg your house looks great! I`ll bet your arms are sore after all that scraping and painting. I`m starting on my garage so my muscles will be ready for the main house when I get to it. :)

Greg said...

Donald & Christie,

Thanks. Yea, it's a lot of damn work, but well worth it.