ListWise

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Healthy, Wealthy, and Wise

Hey, 2 out of 3 ain’t bad, right? Ok, maybe it’s more like 1 out of 3, but regardless, I have my health back (for the most part) and that’s what’s really important. Nothing improves your outlook on life than to overcome an injury. The air smells sweeter. Food tastes better. Women are prettier. Yes, everything seems to improve – even the weather!

Of course, my own personal comfort in regards to the weather is always of paramount importance, but when you’re painting a house good weather is not just a luxury, it is a necessity. The plan was to start priming today and we’ve had these overcast skies in the morning for the past week or so. Sometimes even a slight drizzle. I can’t put primer on damp wood, and I’m working on the east side, so even if the sun does come out in the afternoon it doesn’t hit that side of the house.

Today I awoke to brilliant blue skies, though. The weather, for painting or otherwise, has moved beyond perfect and reached a state of nirvana. At 12:30 it was….

66 Degrees
6 MPH Wind
78% Humidity
5 Mile Visibility

I think by 2 or 3 that will warm up to a blistering 75 or so. With any luck, by the end of the day the front of the house will be primed and ready for paint. Woo-Hooo!


And to think, on Friday I was considering a Workman's Comp claim for my shoulder!

No comments: