ListWise

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The Birth of a Nation

I never did see that movie. It’s supposed to be one of the best movies ever made. Considering it was made in 1915 I guess it set a pretty high standard very early on. Someday maybe I'll see it. Yesterday, of course, we celebrated the birth of our nation and it would have been a lot easier for me if the birthday had fallen on a Monday. Come to think of it, maybe it doesn’t matter. My job is such that regardless how many days I work there is still the same amount of work to do, so taking an extra day off is sometimes more trouble than it’s worth. It’s sort of like going out and drinking too much. It’s fun while you’re doing it, but boy do you pay for it the next day.

Because of this I haven’t gotten as far on the fridge as I would have liked to. I got the sides and top covered, and the front of the freezer also. I probably could have gotten the front of the lower door done today as well, but I need to wait for the glue to set on the freezer door before I can remove the clamps. After that I have the sides of the doors to do as well.

After that I can start in on the trim. The trim is going to be mostly glued on as well so there could be more down-time waiting for clamps to free up. I think it could be Monday at the earliest before this thing gets moved in to the kitchen and plugged in. That’s OK. It gives me lots of time to question why I start the hair-brained schemes in the first place.


Screw on some wedges to account for the bow in the door.


Then glue oak to the wedges.

4 comments:

Greg said...

I am well aware of the plot line (I did add the link, didn't I) and the way it is viewed. Just because some people find subject matter offensive, me included, does not mean it still isn’t a good film. I still want to see the film, even more so now.

Anonymous said...

You are doing this because it will look better than contact paper. You are doing this because it will loYou are doing this because it will look better than contact paper. ok better than contact paper. You are doing this because it will look better than contact paper.

Thud.

Greg said...

Are those statements or a questions? If it is a question, then yes, it will look better than conact paper. I’m using real oak, so it better look better than contact paper.

Deb said...

you sure you didn't want to paint it black?
;)