ListWise

Monday, March 06, 2006

Would you believe, more progress

I was able to put the brackets and hang the door today. I swiped a cabinet latch off the alcove cabinet to put on the island cabinet. I bought a matching set of 11 antique cabinet latches from Ed Donaldson Hardware last year for the kitchen. There were 17 in the set but at $30 a pop I wasn’t going to buy any more than I needed. I remember counting and recounting before I placed the order. I also remember thinking that maybe I should buy an extra one just in case, but when you are spending $330 dollars on just cabinet latches it’s easy to convince yourself not to buy extra. Now I wish I had. The alcove cabinet is much less visible so I will get another latch to go there. I’ll never find another one exactly like these. I already checked at Ed Donaldson and the others I didn’t buy have already been sold. Oh well.

I also put on a temporary plywood countertop. The POs had covered many of the walls in the house with ¼-inch plywood so I have a good supply in the garage. It’s not the best counter in the world but it really finishes off the island. I have a work space now! Very cool.







Also, the faucet arrived today. I ordered it off of Faucet.com and I must say they get a ringing Petch House Endorsement. I ordered the faucet from their web site March 1. I received a Pre-Confirmation email that they received the order. Then the next day a confirmation email saying the order had been processed. Then an email telling me it had been shipped and they supplied a tracking number. Then today on the 6th the damn thing arrived at my door. Oh, and it was less than half what I would have paid for the exact same faucet at my local home center. Amazing.

Both kitchen faucets are Price Pfister and both have the same finish. They complement each other very well. Below are 2 shots of the faucets. Now all I need is the sink and the light switch and faceplate and I’ll be in business. Woo hoo!





Oh and there’s still the nasty little business of the countertop. I got an email from Omega Salvage today and even though there web site says they got a new supply of marble it is in fact granite. They said they have plenty of pieces of Granite the size I need. Gee thanks guys.

No comments: